The Snowy cluster
Snowy provides 3648 cores in the form of 228 dual CPU (Intel Xeon E5-2660) HP ProLiant SL230s Gen8 nodes with a default memory configuration of 128 Gigabyte.
13 nodes are "medium nodes" with 256 Gigabytes of memory
17 nodes are "fat nodes" with 512 Gigabytes of memory
Snowy uses the old cluster Milous hardware.
- 228 compute nodes with dual CPUs and dual 2TB disk
- each CPU has 8 cores
- total number of cores is 3648
- 128 Gigabyte RAM per node
- Gigabit Ethernet for all nodes
- 4xQDR Infiniband interconnect for MPI