Can I install my own software on the UPPMAX systems?
Yes, you can install you own software in your home directory.
This guide might not work on all programs. Read the installation instructions for your program!
- Download the program, with wget or by other means.
- Unpack it with tar, gunzip or similar.
tar xvfz program.tgz
- Read the installation instructions!
- Load a compiler. Often you'll have less problems with gcc but intel gives faster code.
module load gcc
- If applicable, do:
mkdir $HOME/glob/program_name ./configure --prefix=$HOME/glob/program_name make make test make install
- Try to find a test on the home page of the program or in the installation instructions and try to run it.