Setting up two factor authentication for UPPMAX
For security reasons you will have to use a two factor authentication system if you are a) connecting to UPPMAX from outside of Sweden, or b) connecting from a network within Sweden that does not support forward and reverse DNS lookups (due to a misconfiguration in your network, you can ask your internet service provider about this). More information about why can be found here.
By requiring a second factor, typically a cell phone or other physical device, it becomes much harder for an attacker to gain access to your account if they somehow have gotten hold of your password (which in this case is the 1:st factor). Instructions to set this up follows below.
Some of the points in the list below are link you can click on for more detailed instructions.
- Select an app to use.
- Go to https://suprintegration.uppmax.uu.se/bootstrapotp/.
- You should be sent to SUPR. In case you are not logged in already, log in to SUPR.
- Acknowledge to SUPR that they may tell UPPMAX who you are by pressing the button "Prove My Identity to UPPMAX" on the page.
- Scan the QR-code with a second factor authentication app of your choice in your smart phone. For example "Google Authenticator" by Google or "Authy" by Authy Inc.
- Your application will show you a code, enter this code on the same webpage.
- You should see an acknowledgement that the new two factor has been registered.
- It will take some time before your second factor is imported to our systems. You should get a mail within a few minutes notifying you of the newly registered token.
- When it has been activated you will be able to use it to login by giving the current code from the app when asked for.
Once your token has been activated you can use the temporary code generated by your application to login.