Hello, and welcome to UPPNEX!
This is a crash course for new users to quickly learn the most important things about working on the UPPNEX cluster. If you only read one thing about UPPNEX, read this page. If you are interested in more details about any topic, click on it and you will get more information about that specific topic.
- Keep raw data and scripts in your project folder. Keep everything else in your projects nobackup folder. Never keep anything in the INBOX.
- Never run analyses on a login node. Shorter tasks like unzipping etc are allowed. Submit all longer jobs to the queue system.
- There might be a service stop the first Wednesday each month. It will be announced 10 days in advance.
- Uppmax is not for long-term storage. Delete or archive old data when it’s not needed anymore.
- Use the interactive command to get a node for interactive use quickly.
- Use webexport to share files on the internet.
- If you run out of core hours, no problem, you can still continue running jobs but they will have a lower priority.
- If it is impossible for you to keep within your disk quota or core hour allocation, it is possible to get temporary extensions.
- Where can I turn for help?