The Snowy cluster
Snowy provides 3648 cores in the form of 228 dual CPU (Intel Xeon E5-2660) HP ProLiant SL230s Gen8 nodes with a default memory configuration of 128 Gigabyte.
13 nodes are "medium nodes" with 256 Gigabytes of memory.
17 nodes are "fat nodes" with 512 Gigabytes of memory.
One node is "very fat" with 4 Terabytes of memory.
Snowy uses the old cluster Milous hardware.
- 204 compute nodes with dual CPUs and dual 2TB disk
- each CPU has 8 cores
- total number of cores is 3264
- 128 Gigabyte RAM per normal node
- Gigabit Ethernet for all nodes
- 4xQDR Infiniband interconnect for MPI
There is also one extra fat node with 4 Tbytes of memory and 80 cores in 8 CPUs.