To create a personal user account and join a project that has CPU time at UPPMAX, i.e.
- SNIC Medium/Large projects
- SNIC Small projects
- SNIC SENS projects
- Course projects
You (the user) and the PI of the project (the researcher in charge of the research project) must complete the following steps:
- You should visit the national project management platform SUPR and register there.
Make sure that you don't already have an account at SUPR. You must not have more than one account in SUPR.
- You must accept the user agreement in SUPR, either online or in paper form.
- Become a member of a project:
- If you are a PI: apply for a project in SUPR.
- If you are not a PI: Apply for membership in a project you want to join in SUPR, Wait for the PI to accept your application. Alternatively, the PI can add you directly.
- You must apply for an account at UPPMAX in SUPR.
After the 4 steps are completed your account will be created at UPPMAX within 2 working days and you will receive two emails with information on how to access the UPPMAX resources.
Below are the five steps described more in detail with screenshots.
1. Register at SUPR.
- Go to https://supr.snic.se/person/register/
- If you already have an account you must use that account, otherwise you can register with or without SWAMID by clicking on the appropriate button.
- If you clicked on register via SWAMID you will have to choose the university that you belong to. Here as an example I choose Uppsala University:
- Klick on the University and then choose if you want to login via this SWAMID once
- or if your browser should remember your choice and use everytime you visit SUPR
- Next is to login to your university using whatever method your specific university uses to confirm that you are who you say you are.
Here again as an example is Uppsala University:
- You can now check the information your university has sent to SUPR and accept it to create a SUPR account.
- If you instead click on Register without SWAMID you will have to fill in this:
- Fill in the form and click the button to create your SUPR account.
- You have to confirm your account by answering an email sent to the address you registered.
2. Accept the User Agreement
- After logging into your SUPR account you must accept the user agreement. Klick on Handle User Agreement
- Now you can choose between two different ways of accepting the user agreement. Either by SWAMID or by paper form. The SWAMID way is done online and is finished by a few klicks. The paper form must be sent by ordinary mail and will therefore take some days in order for you to be registered as accepted the user agreement.
- If you choose the SWAMID way you will do it in a similar way as described above for a login with SWAMID.
- Choose your university
- Log into your university using that universitys preferred method.
- If you choose the paper form way you have to download a PDF-file and fill it in, sign it and send it together with a photocopy of your national ID or passport to the address indicated on the form.
3. Become a member in a project
If you are a PI, apply for a project and go on to step 4.
After you have accepted the user agreement, log in to SUPR if you are not already logged in.
Click on Projects in the list to the left
Type in the name of the project or the name of the principal investigator (PI) in the field and click Search for Project
Here as an example I want to join the course project g2016010
So I click on the Request button. And then wait for a response from the PI of the project.
4. Apply for an account at UPPMAX
When the PI has accepted your membership application. You will receive an email.
Log in to SUPR and click on Accounts in the list to the left
You will see the login accounts you already have at other SNIC centres if you have any. Under the "Possible Resource Account Requests" headings you find the UPPMAX resources you can apply for login account on. Just use the "Request Account on UPPMAX" button.
You can then request a username. Then click Request Account
After applying it might take up to 2 working days before you receive 2 emails with information on how to login to UPPMAX.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org